Great chapter, sadly Richard let his anger get the best of him and the Scotland is running with the narrative of Gloucester being a madman, leading to war between England and Scotland. Edward IV needs to handle both invading Scots and his brother in a way that won't anger him in the future to decide to rebel against him. Keep up the good work 👍 👍 👍

Thank you for the suggestions for them!

Np! Very happy to see them!

and suggestion for punishment for dickon: Permanent exile to Normandy or Ireland with his son james beign made a ward of ned and companion for Edmund of wales? And Dickon only comes when war erupts?

And i swear that when richard caught the affair that we saw the man that made his nephews "dissapear" OTL

Last edited:
I'd send him to Ireland or France to manage whatever duties need to be filled. Just keep him out of Scotland or the north of England.
and suggestion for punishment for dickon: Permanent exile to his holdings with his son james beign made a ward of ned and companion for Edmund of wales? And Dickon only comes when war erupts?
Both work. I think he'll definitely lose custody of James, but where Richard himself goes is still to be decided.
And i swear that when richard caught the affair that we saw the man that made his nephews "dissapear" OTL
Oh yes, that was the intention.

Both work. I think he'll definitely lose custody of James, but where Richard himself goes is still to be decided.

Oh yes, that was the intention.
Since Eddy is in ireland i think Dickon should go to normandy to reach his namesake little Dickon to be a better man than him. And little James Will definitely be Made a companion to Ned's heir Edmund.

And You did VERY well then

Since Eddy is in ireland i think Dickon should go to normandy to reach his namesake little Dickon to be a better man than him. And little James Will definitely be Made a companion to Ned's heir Edmund.

And You did VERY well then
Well, to be fair, Edmund has been recalled at the moment to help Edward out, so Ned could easily decide to switch the two brothers round and let Edmund stay in England while Richard takes over in Ireland. Normandy is of course an option as well.

Well, to be fair, Edmund has been recalled at the moment to help Edward out, so Ned could easily decide to switch the two brothers round and let Edmund stay in England while Richard takes over in Ireland. Normandy is also an option as well.
True, and Ireland could need a little of Dickon's now revelaed ruthlessness to get it more under english control

Honestly, I’m not a Ricardian by any measure, but I don’t really blame him for losing his shit like he did here. Slap him on the wrist and send him away from the North so the Scots won’t be able to get to him, but otherwise let him be. He’s already been humiliated by his unfaithful wife, and if the Scots try stuff, they’ll meet Ned the Hammer 2.0. In any case, they might go to war soon anyways if the Red Prince scuttles off to Edinburgh. So why should Ned the White give a damn what they think? If he’s sensible, he maintains a good relationship here so that he only has a bad vibe with Clarence

Last edited:
Honestly, I’m not a Ricardian by any measure, but I don’t really blame him for losing his shit like he did here. Slap him on the wrist and send him away from the North so the Scots won’t be able to get to him, but otherwise let him be. He’s already been humiliated by his unfaithful wife, and if the Scots try stuff, they’ll meet Ned the Hammer 2.0. In any case, they might go to war soon anyways if the Red Prince scuttles off to Edinburgh. So why should Ned the White give a damn what they think? If he’s sensible, he maintains a good relationship here so that he only has a bad vibe with Clarence
I’m intending for Edward and Clarence to have a bit of reconciliation in the coming chapters, actually. Something like, the threat against Richard inspires some kind of peacemaking initiative in Clarence, and he might help in the war.

Even so, I doubt Edward will want to punish Richard that much. After all, OTL he was pretty lenient with Clarence for a long time, and Clarence actually committed treason against Edward. It’ll be best to send him somewhere else for a bit, but I think maybe we see Richard be demoted to the Earl of Gloucester and not all that much else.

I’m intending for Edward and Clarence to have a bit of reconciliation in the coming chapters, actually. Something like, the threat against Richard inspires some kind of peacemaking initiative in Clarence, and he might help in the war.

Even so, I doubt Edward will want to punish Richard that much. After all, OTL he was pretty lenient with Clarence for a long time, and Clarence actually committed treason against Edward. It’ll be best to send him somewhere else for a bit, but I think maybe we see Richard be demoted to the Earl of Gloucester and not all that much else.
Sounds good and may the brothers unite in HAMMERING scots together.

And georgie, eddy and Ned will assure Dickon that aside from the murder he was within his right to react that way, no plantagenet will stand for beign cuckolded (the red prince is not a true plantagenet)

I highly doubt that his title will be taken from him. It didn’t happen to Clarence after all. At most, I could see his son taken from him for a while as a wardship under Edward/Edmund. In truth, Richard hasn’t even sinned that much here. Yeah, he’s started a diplomatic crisis, but he was cuckolded by the guy, so many would probably lowkey be on his side. Besides, it’s Scotland. They’ve had so many spats at this point

I highly doubt that his title will be taken from him. It didn’t happen to Clarence after all. At most, I could see his son taken from him for a while as a wardship under Edward/Edmund. In truth, Richard hasn’t even sinned that much here. Yeah, he’s started a diplomatic crisis, but he was cuckolded by the guy, so many would probably lowkey be on his side
Yep, and he might be send to ireland for a while but his dukedom could be right in waiting after a while

I highly doubt that his title will be taken from him. It didn’t happen to Clarence after all. At most, I could see his son taken from him for a while as a wardship under Edward/Edmund. In truth, Richard hasn’t even sinned that much here. Yeah, he’s started a diplomatic crisis, but he was cuckolded by the guy, so many would probably lowkey be on his side. Besides, it’s Scotland. They’ve had so many spats at this point
That's a good point. I think Richard and Margaret's marriage will have to be dissolved as well, but finding Richard a second wife may be tricky. I can do my best though.

That's a good point. I think Richard and Margaret's marriage will have to be dissolved as well, but finding Richard a second wife may be tricky. I can do my best though.
And with the Plantagenet brothers smearing her name through the mud for the unfaithful woman that she is NO ONE in europe would want to touch her with a 10 meter pole. Hello convent!

Yes, I am pretty sure who Richard was still inside his rights to defending his honour in dealing in that way with his unfaithful wife and her lover.

For irony, you could have Anne Neville’s husband die and leave her a widow ready for remarriage to Richard. Supreme irony would also be him falling for a Woodville (although that’s been done before)

Think you are looking at this a bit modern. In medieval times, infidelity was very much something wives could not do unlike husbands who, especially if the mistress was unmarried and lower rank, could. An envoy seducing the wife of a royal Duke and caught , by medieval standards, in flagrante delicto, and resulting in the death of the wife's lover, would be seen as a righteous killing. Indeed it would be King James who would be seen as at fault for his choice of envoy.

Hence the English nobility, especially in the North would see any bending to King James's demands as weakness, which could cause trouble. Even not demanding compensation and the wife to be sent back ( or sent to a nunnery ) would lose Edward support.