Maid of Norway, Queen of Scotland: A Plantagenet Britain Timeline

Edward said in his first pov that he can't risk someone he doesn't control taking over his northern border. Margaret marrying his son is much more advantageous to him than a match with Ysabeau, for the simple fact that when Margaret and Edouard's son inherits England + Scotland, that will literally put an end to any and all possible wars with Scotland, while Ysabeau won't have the same advantage.
Exactly,!

Great chapter, I don't think the peace will last between Britain and France, Phillip and his descendants want Gascony back. Can't wait for Edouard and Margaret to marry soon 😍😍, they need babies @pandizzy!!!!😤😤😤😤

Great chapter, I don't think the peace will last between Britain and France, Phillip and his descendants want Gascony back. Can't wait for Edouard and Margaret to marry soon 😍😍, they need babies @pandizzy!!!!😤😤😤😤
Specially want their firstborn son and heir to be named William. FOR both the Conqueror and the Lion. Further show the newfound unity between the kingdoms

Specially want their firstborn son and heir to be named William. FOR both the Conqueror and the Lion. Further show the newfound unity between the kingdoms
Well thanks to William Rufus, the babe with a name like that won't have the same regnal number in both countries.

Once the King of France might have hoped to betroth his own daughter, four-year-old Mademoiselle Ysabeau, to Prince Édouard, but the match between him and Queen Margaret took precedence, despite the large offer of money for it to be broken. Not to mention, the age difference of eleven years between Ysabeau and the Prince, which meant that it would be over a decade before she could produce legitimate children, while Queen Margaret, at sixteen, was already of an age to be a mother.
And a bullet the size of a cannon ball was just dodged
“I’ll think about it.” Jeanne looked at Prince Édouard again. “Do you know something I’ve been thinking of?” He shook his head. “No other family would have valued the Queen of Scots so much. They might have sent younger sons to marry her, but only England and her king would ever think to give their eldest heir to a half-Norwegian little girl.”
Ironic given how the French later finally obtained Brittany
Nah. He should be named Arthur! The first king of a united Albion
Philippe VI will marry Jeanne from the duchy and Philippe V will marry Jeanne from the Palatine County !
Not at all complicated 🫠

Yes it was a nightmare to write too.
Ah, the naming conventions of the French nobility…
A nightmare for any amateur historians out there, even more than any other nobility.
(Seriously, France, having eighteen kings named Louis are far too much, and the number of Philippe you have is something I have no idea about!)

Ah, the naming conventions of the French nobility…
A nightmare for any amateur historians out there, even more than any other nobility.
(Seriously, France, having eighteen kings named Louis are far too much, and the number of Philippe you have is something I have no idea about!)
Including the French pretenders after the fall of French monarchy, number of Louis is even higher. It is enough to give me a headache at the times... They really need to use different names more often.

Including the French pretenders after the fall of French monarchy, number of Louis is even higher. It is enough to give me a headache at the times... They really need to use different names more often.
And let us not talk about the princes named Louis who were a direct part of the Royal Family, yet never came to the throne, and if we include cadet branches and illegitimate children, we might be better off climbing the Himalayas completely naked, than try to count the number of Louis.

So luckily not some huge change in terms of lands and such. More of a return to the status quo sort of thing. Glad to see that and not some wanking of England in this war.

lol the French being salty over lil Ed being betrothed to a women who offers more than their daughter could hope to offer since Margaret is literally a queen and offers England the chance to unite with Scotland.

Yikes, sucks to be Eleanor! Reduced to poverty by Royal standards because of her step mom.