It’s difficult to say who can be considered good as that term has always been subjective to situations.
Indeed, thats why I used quotation marks
Any talk on the nature of good would turn into a ethics discussion rather quickly that would inevitably branch on religion(or lack thereof) and modern politics which is not accepted in here

How would democracy or the closest thing to it even work in this Germany? Some sort of Athenian Democracy or Heinlein/Starship Troopers one. Or would democracy not even be a thing and something closer to the Chinese Confucianism or even something else entirely?

How would democracy or the closest thing to it even work in this Germany? Some sort of Athenian Democracy or Heinlein/Starship Troopers one. Or would democracy not even be a thing and something closer to the Chinese Confucianism or even something else entirely?
Probably voting rights will depend on DNA tests in the future, and that would be a bare minimum.

I think anything with that name alone would be enough for someone to get shoot in there
I'd be a miracle if they moderate themselves enough to be something as tolerant as a chinese dynasty

Seems like some sort of representative system would work better if things are that limited. Having say "pure Aryans" as representatives to the masses in a sort of Chinese eunuch/bureaucratic class.
I'd be a miracle if they moderate themselves enough to be something as tolerant as a chinese dynasty
Considering how insane some Chinese dynasties were its not exactly a high bar to cross. I mean the Chinese have only had democracy for the past 100 years OTL if that.

Last edited:
I think anything with that name alone would be enough for someone to get shoot in there
Nazi agent: Did you say Chinese Dynasty citizen? I think you might be an Asiatic Judeo-Catholic Spy controlled by the Zionists from Wall-Street. You’re coming with me.

Last edited:
Considering how insane some Chinese dynasties were its not exactly a high bar to cross. I mean the Chinese have only had democracy for the past 100 years OTL if that.
I agree that a few administrations were pretty insane, but I'll also say China's history is hardly that straight forward

What was the initial plan if I may know? Hope it isnt a spoiler...
A cold war properly starting in the 60s after Long is ousted once his corrupt dealings are exposed. This would allow some 3 or so election cycles of Republican domination as the Populists decline. Goldwater would have been POTUS with an aggressive stance against the Nazis for obvious reasons and make a Detente with Italy (no Farinacci coup) under Kissinger's suggestion. Germany would have been slowly isolated and contained to Europe with a sense of normalcy returning to most of the world, at least until China begins to rise in the 70s and 80s.

A cold war properly starting in the 60s after Long is ousted once his corrupt dealings are exposed. This would allow some 3 or so election cycles of Republican domination as the Populists decline. Goldwater would have been POTUS with an aggressive stance against the Nazis for obvious reasons and make a Detente with Italy (no Farinacci coup) under Kissinger's suggestion. Germany would have been slowly isolated and contained to Europe with a sense of normalcy returning to most of the world, at least until China begins to rise in the 70s and 80s.
Hmm...still could happen ig?
Why the change tho?

Honestly while some might disagree I find the current TL better on account of its originality and avoiding of most Nazi Cold War cliches.

Honestly while some might disagree I find the current TL better on account of its originality and avoiding of most Nazi Cold War cliches.
Yeah one thing I always hated in those timelines. How almost everything revolves around Nazis and NATO, just to see the Nazis collapse and everything went back to “normal”. Like how? Also the fact despite easily giving a chance to go to Asia and Africa they avoid any viewpoint from them just revolving around Europeans/European North Americans. I think this timeline is unique is that has a great balance of viewpoints. No one is left out. Everyone both Old and New World has a perspective even if it isn’t always pleasant (Nazis).

Last edited:
On that note, this TL reminds me that 1984 was not meant to depict some sort of science fiction nightmare but rather an all-too-realistic vision of the future with the rise of totalitarianism and its impact on society visible to Orwell and co, @Kaiser of Brazil.

Realized pretty quickly that this would turn into the same cold war generic story that has been done to death, it ran against the philosophy I gave in the last comment.
Unironically what I expected the TL to be at the start, which wasnt bad by any means but not at all that interesting
Gotta say you the surprise was pleasant