America: A TL Retold

Yeah, the dogs are just snarling to attack any TL that pushes the envelope.
What kind of ideas do you have?
I'm thinking of hitting up the north-south divide in the US and instead of the u.s. annexing Texas and expanding the southern states power they decide to go after The Oregon Territory and expand the north wall containing the South. Causing a civil war to start around 1846 or so with the southern states seceding refusing to fight a Yankees War.

Interesting
Yah I've just had an idea a large North American War that has Britain the Confederacy and Texas fighting the US and the USA and Mexico fighting them. Texas in it because they want to join the Confederacy, and Mexico in it because they know if the Confederacy wins it won't Annex Texas and therefore have a much stronger Nation on its border

Intreating premise. I wonder which side the Mormons would choose in that scenario. They were heading to Deseret (later Utah) about that time.

Intreating premise. I wonder which side the Mormons would choose in that scenario. They were heading to Deseret (later Utah) about that time.
Hmm not sure. Like I said I've just been thinking about it. I think it could be a cool TL having Confederacy appear 15 years sooner and under somewhat different circumstances. You could do things different with it and that TL that you couldn't normally do going off of an OTL pot. I just have to figure out a good way to make all of that plausible before I even attempt it