As Dreamers Do Part Deux

@THEKINGFISH217 at least this Alice film won't be the OTL Disney remake which given how that kick started the remake trend, all those bad remakes might be butterflied, or at least until for a few more years until something else happens.
Here are the live action remakes so far ITTL

101 Dalmatians (1996)
Cinderella (1998)
102 Dalmatians (2000)
Beauty and the Beast (2002)
Sleeping Beauty (2004)
The Sword in the Stone (2005)
The Snow Queen (2005)
Rapunzel (2006)

Was there any summer movies I may have forgotten? I wanted to double check before I get to November 2008.
I just check the aniton pipeline draft and there are the flims on relased before novmeber you missed 1 space chimps 2 Igor 3 Ponyo ()

Ps Will big bugman come out in november or in decemeber

Last edited:
Oldnavy what is the main stream book publishing industry like in this timeline. I hope there is some differnece like that Time warner did sell there publishing divison the time wanrer book group to hattche in 2006 and Bertelsmann. decides to sell random house in 2013 to Turner Parmount Bally Peacok Henson Columbia or Lionsgate

Late Summer 2008 Movies
Late Summer 2008 Movies

igor.jpg

Igor
A dual-branded release (Paramount & MGM).
Animation produced in France by Sparx.

8mVTIFHZRTWVMhASQjltc3pVK60.jpg

Space Chimps
Released by Warner Bros.
Animation produced by Animal Logic.

R.9c43279b760b808c19c0d7f7ccaf64c6

Ponyo
Released in North America by Touchstone Pictures.
Animation produced by Studio Ghibli.

MV5BMjA5OTA4ODI5MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODA5NTUyNw@@._V1_.jpg

Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Released by 20th Century-Fox.
Produced by Blue Sky Studios in association with Amblin Entertainment.​

Late Summer 2008 Movies Part 2
MV5BMTM2OTk3OTM2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTU0MjUxNw@@._V1_.jpg

Step Brothers
Released by 20th Century-Fox.
Produced by VH1 Films.

MV5BMTI0NTQwMzE4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODQxNTA4MQ@@._V1_.jpg

Pineapple Express
Released by Columbia Pictures

tropic_thunder_2008_hero_1-1920x1080.jpg

Tropic Thunder
Released by RKO Radio Pictures through Peacock Releasing

MV5BMTQ3NzA3OTk0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjQzMDY5NA@@._V1_.jpg

The X-Files: I Want to Believe
Released by 20th Century-Fox

MV5BMjI2MjgyMzQ5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDg3NDAyNw@@._V1_.jpg

Hellboy II: The Golden Army
Released by Luxor Pictures

MV5BMTY0MDU0MjI3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjA3NjAyNw@@._V1_.jpg

Wanted
Released by Carolco through Warner Bros.​

Tomb Raider movie franchise overview
@kaijudirector Since Del Toro has committed to Columbia's Alice in Wonderland project for a 2011 release, I might have Hellboy 3 either pushed ahead or pushed back. What would make more sense?

In the meantime, here's a quick rundown of the Tomb Raider movies for TTL. Both were released by Carolco through Warner Bros.

Lara-Croft-Tomb-Raider-2001-1.jpg

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
Released on June 15, 2001.

Movie-review-Tomb-Raider-The-Cradle-of-Life.jpg

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider - The Cradle of Life
Released on July 25, 2003.

Both are pretty much the same as OTL.

As mentioned earlier ITTL, Angelina Jolie was the initial choice by both Disney and Legendary for the role of Carmen Sandiego. However, because of Jolie's committment to the first Tomb Raider, the role of Carmen went to Salma Hayek.​

@TheMatthew25 @WB18
Other NHL owners on Tiffany Disney.

042016bruinsnl05.jpg

Jeremy Jacobs (Boston Bruins)
"For the last two years, Tiff has been trying to get our organization to be part of Winnie the Pooh night at her building. When The Boston Globe reported that I said no the first time, the fans here in Boston wanted my head on a spike."

0x0.jpg

Ed Roski (Los Angeles Kings)
"Every Duck visit since '05, we've had many celebrities ask ahead of time if Tiff was coming to the Staples Center. In just the last couple years, we've had Snoop Dogg and Martha Stewart sit together with Tiff and Joyce behind the San Diego bench."

sRaTZzmm_400x400.jpg

Gavin Maloof (Las Vegas Silver Knights)
"Tiff's presence at our arena when the Mighty Ducks are in town certainly helps take the edge off of our rivalry."

pegula-sabres-2*1200xx1200-675-0-63.jpg

Terry Pegula (Buffalo Sabres)
"One year, we wanted to have 90's Bills reunion night, but Marv Levy wouldn't come unless we were playing against Ms. Disney's franchise."

OIP.rqiJ4qf0ESaUfEJLFt54SQHaFs

Charles Wang (New York Islanders)
"Each year that Tiff comes to Uniondale, I look forward to the pregame banter with Joyce...in Mandarin of course."

5bb56f022100000001c85150.jpeg

Jerry Bruckheimer (Atlanta Flames)
"The Disney family's involvement with the Mighty Ducks and mine with the Flames has certainly helped draw more casual fans to the NHL. In fact, Tiff provided the swing vote that convinced the Board of Governors to accept my bid to buy the Flames from TBS Paramount last year."

hi-res-19a0f76ee90bbf02f7f5e73e3822d421_crop_north.jpg

Ted Leonsis (Washington Capitals)
"Every time Tiff has come to Washington, she speaks at luncheons for the Metro DC chapter of PFLAG during the daytime before our teams take the ice."

R.3b643a53a54a4e33235393beeade8473

Rocky Wirtz (Chicago Blackhawks)
"Tiff sometimes comes to Chicago a day early to give her players a tour of her grandfather's birthplace. Also, she buys a block of tickets for members of the Chicagoland Autism Connection and the Chicago chapter of PFLAG."​

Other NHL Owners on Tiffany Disney Part 2

AP19346576870699.jpg

Felix Sabates (Charlotte Checkers)
"Last year, we had so many of our season ticket holders ask for Tiff's autograph that we've arranged to open our arena earlier than usual for a pregame signing."

84658265-e1492117215771.jpg
hi-res-147170475_crop_exact.jpg

Dan Rooney (left) and Mario Lemieux (right) (Pittsburgh Penguins)
"Although Tiffany's franchise won the Stanley Cup at our expense, we want to remind our fans that during last season's Finals, she and Joyce both raised money for the Allegheny Valley School, the same place where Myron Cope donated proceeds from the Terrible Towel until his passing back in February."

herb-kohl.jpg

Herb Kohl (Milwaukee Admirals)
"Outside of our division rivalries with the Hawks and North Stars, our biggest crowd last year at the Bradley Center was when San Diego came to town and Tiffany was here with Joyce. They each bought a block of tickets for Milwaukee Public Schools to bring special needs students to sit with them in the rows behind the Ducks' bench."

R.eb90e61e717c16e5305498841f666212

Clay Bennett (Oklahoma Twisters)
"Our team has struggled in recent years. Our biggest highlight of last season was when the Mighty Ducks were here and we arranged for special needs fans to meet Tiffany in person before the game."​

I just came from an AWOLAWOT to Oceans divide reading spree over the weekend and now I see this timeline. I’ll be reading part 1 in a long spree and catch up with this.

I wonder how this Alt-alt Disney timeline would be compared to the previous one I just binged

How well did clone wars do at the boxoffice?
It actually did more or less the same as OTL.

I just came from an AWOLAWOT to Oceans divide reading spree over the weekend and now I see this timeline. I’ll be reading part 1 in a long spree and catch up with this.

I wonder how this Alt-alt Disney timeline would be compared to the previous one I just binged
How do you like this TL so far?

It actually did more or less the same as OTL.

How do you like this TL so far?
I'm still in the early 40's and I like the cultural changes so far. I'm not an expert in the media industry, especially that era, but it's an interesting read so far especially when I was raised with a lot of older Disney animated films as a kid.

Oldnavy do you have plans for international expaison for six kings beyond Canada wonderland. If so Should I update my themepark list draft. I am looking foward to the day you deccide to use it

Oldnavy whats happen to nick at night ttl. With hanbara owning nick I feel that would air adult cartton based on hanabare propertle lie The brak show havery bridman space ghost coast to coast and sealab 2021. It would probbly have some other adult cartoons awell. There are several popular adult cartooons that didn't meniton that could possibly have aired on nick at nite ttl. These shows incude Did Boondocks ,metaocapyse morel orel perfect hair forever Squidbillies superjail and the venture brothers

51270971996_763676d6bc_b.jpg

Tiffany Disney's house
Myrtle Avenue

San Diego, CA

2856.jpg

Tiffany Disney (Chairwoman of the Board; Mighty Ducks of San Diego)

Excerpts from an interview hosted by Bob Costas ahead of a Mighty Ducks/Silver Knights game carried by the USA Network.

Tiff:

"In my garage, I found a few drawings that Trey did with crayons when Dad brought the TMNT into the Disney fold back in '89. It was basically four of the Fab Five cosplaying as the Turtles. 'Goofael,' 'Mickey-Angelo,' 'Donald-Tello' and 'Pluto-Nardo.'"

Tiff:
"I had a TV in my room as a kid, and I would always have SportsCenter on the morning before school and every night before bed to see how the Ducks were doing."

Bob Costas:
"Last season at the NHL All Star Weekend in Las Vegas, you and Paris Hilton pretty much buried the hatchet."

Tiff:
"Right. While she was still in charge of the Chargers, she had dissed me over my condition a few years earlier. That was why there was that infamous Celebrity Deathmatch episode where we faced each other. After the NFL rightly forced her to sell the Chargers, I learned that she had played hockey in high school. So when Dad put me in charge of the Ducks in '05, I wanted a chance to squash the beef with Paris. And the Pro-Am roller game during the All Star break provided that opportunity."

Costas:
"Besides your father, who else would you consider your mentors in sports franchise ownership?"

Tiff:
"Steven Spielberg and Magic Johnson, both of whom of course have been involved with the Los Angeles Rams since '92. Also, Rachel Stone-Abbott who, not many people know, actually co-owns the Baltimore Ravens of the World League with Tom Clancy."

Costas:
"What was your first act with the Mighty Ducks? After the NHL Board of Governors allowed your father to put the franchise in your name?"

Tiff:
"I fired Al Coates and replaced him with Brian Burke. I then said to Brian that I'd let him sign whomever he wanted, as long as the players he brought in were team oriented. Then, I bought the Sempra Energy Center from the City of San Diego, the city government actually. After that, I lowered the Clippers' rent so they could afford the luxury tax to lure Kobe Bryant away from the Lakers."

Costas:
"How did you learn about Kanye West's remarks last year?"

Tiff:
"I didn't know he said those things about me until a day or so after the fact. During the daytime, I was giving a tour to executives from the NBA and NHL to show them a preview of the sensory-inclusive upgrades we were making to the arena. Brian Burke and Randy Carlyle (Ducks bench boss) were there. Wayne Gretzky (commissioner) came, with Bill Daly (deputy commissioner) and Scotty Bowman (director of hockey operations). Elgin Baylor (Clippers' GM) was also on hand with Jerry West (NBA commissioner) and Adam Silver (deputy commissioner)."

"Anyways, when I got home, Joyce was on the couch eating ice cream while watching the postgame show of a Royals/Warriors game (Joyce grew up in Oakland). Ernie Johnson asked Charles Barkley about the rumors of a Shaq/Kobe reunion with the Clips. Barkley thought that was trivial compared to the 'turrible' things he heard Kanye say on 106 and Park about me."

Excerpt from Inside the NBA (Courtesy TNT)
Chuck:
"Ernie, I gotta tell ya, Kanye West is a knucklehead. What he said about the Mighty Duck owner I forget her name..."

EJ: "Tiffany Disney?"

Chuck: "Yeah, thank you. Kanye making fun of her condition was turrible!"

Costas:
"But at the time, you went several days without responding..."

Tiff:
"I tried for as long as I could to not give Kanye any reaction and just let it roll off my back. Besides, I had other shit to deal with. Like for instance, (sports agent) Pat Brisson was up my ass for three months prior to give Jean-Sebastien Giguere a five year extension. We gave Jiggy a one year deal, then he earned that extension when he won the Cup for us last June."​