As Dreamers Do Part Deux

What would be Chuck's reasons for leaving WB after 1945?
From what I’ve read from research and @Tacomaster TL, Clampett and Jones began to hate each other by the 1940s, and they started to accuse each other of copying.

Maybe Seltzer or who ever’s heading the studio ITTL accidentally fans the flames by giving Clampett preferential treatment. Keep in mind, Jones at this point was only now starting to hone his craft with The Dover Boys, while Clampett at this point had produced hit after hit with shorts like Falling Hare and The Great Piggy Bank Robbery - so its highly plausible.

Yes and no.

It wouldn't need them to the same scale that TATMR used them OTL, but having workmen, drivers, firemen, other railway staff, and Sir Topham Hatt, of course, is needed to build the realism. Part of what made the early seasons so special is that, aside from the engines having faces, it was just like any other real railway.

Due to this, railway staff interacting with the engines in a must, in my opinion, but the humans do not need to be front and center. Sit Topham would be fairly important, as he is controller, and the man in charge, but even he takes a back seat to the engines sometimes. That is why I was saying, aside from voice actor and terminology differences, you would not need 2 versions of the movie. If Britt wants to throw in a Shining Time Station reference, one of the conductors on the railway can say something about possibly transfering to America at some point, possibly alluding to them being Mr. Conductor, but that is not needed.

Hey @OldNavy1988 Just making sure you saw my answer, since it is a few pages back now

@OldNavy1988, can Doraemon and Shin Chan air on Cartoon Network and be dubbed by TBS-Paramount?
Yes they can. The North American rights to Doraemon have bounced around different studios for the last several years.

Universal was supposed to dub it in 1984, but the creators bailed out because of the Dog of Flanders disaster.

After that, Doraemon dubs had been in development at New Line Cinema (1988), Columbia-TriStar (1990), Touchstone Pictures (1995 and 2005), Carolco Pictures (1996 during the sale to TimeWarner) and 20th Century-Fox (1992 and 2002) before TBS+Paramount finally acquired it in January of '09.

Yes they can. The North American rights to Doraemon have bounced around different studios for the last several years.

Universal was supposed to dub it in 1984, but the creators bailed out because of the Dog of Flanders disaster.

After that, Doraemon dubs had been in development at New Line Cinema (1988), Columbia-TriStar (1990), Touchstone Pictures (1995 and 2005), Carolco Pictures (1996 during the sale to TimeWarner) and 20th Century-Fox (1992 and 2002) before TBS+Paramount finally acquired it in January of '09.
Honestly, it's a miracle a dub was actually made after all this developing at different studios.

Dear Tiffany,
When did you first realize you were going to be permanently wearing diapers 24/7?

Sincerely,
Brian Hunter
Escondido, California

2856.jpg

Tiffany Disney:
"Thanks for your question Brian."

"Starting at age 2, my parents tried to potty train me on and off. From the day of my birth, every doctor my parents spoke to said that my bladder wasn't developing properly. Mom and Dad hoped somehow I could gain some control in spite of that."

"One night when I was six or seven, Trey snuck into my room in the middle of the night and put my hand in a cup of freezing cold water. I wound up flooding all my bedding and my Pull-up was overwhelmed. I woke up crying hysterically because I was deathly afraid of getting in trouble. Dad calmed me down after about an hour."

"Later that week, I had to see a pediatric urologist. I was formally diagnosed with an uninhibited neurogenic bladder and improper neurologic formation in my lower spine. When we got home, Dad sat me down to explain how I was gonna need diapers for what he said would be '...a while longer.'"​

Yes they can.
Nice.
The North American rights to Doraemon have bounced around different studios for the last several years.
Damn........
Maybe they can in the mega-TL? You HAVE been reading recent posts here, right??? Or the 3rd American Magic......
After that, Doraemon dubs had been in development at New Line Cinema (1988), Columbia-TriStar (1990), Touchstone Pictures (1995 and 2005), Carolco Pictures (1996 during the sale to TimeWarner) and 20th Century-Fox (1992 and 2002)
Goddamn.......

What happened here that these dub attempts never passed? And I'm surprised Disney and Touchstone didn't try.......
before TBS+Paramount finally acquired it in January of '09.
Cool! I was gonna put it on UPN's SatAM lineup, but couldn't find room. I might squeeze room in there for it next year.

Oh, and what do you think of these:
Screenshot 2023-05-08 6.25.52 PM.png

For context:
  • FOX:
    • Given the addition of the 7AM hour across the board, I decided to premiere Mickey Mouse Clubhouse there and move My Friends Tigger and Pooh to the 7 hour.
    • The 8 hour has their real comedies: their true fire hit, Phineas and Ferb, and a reboot of Casper with Casper's Scare School.
    • The 9 hour has Kick Buttowiski and The Super Hero Squad Show making a comedic-action hour(I'm NOT changing these anymore, they've been annoying as is having to change stuff around and edit the OG post as is, Spiderman is NOT on at 9:30)
    • The 10 hour onward is all-action(except for Sgt. Frog at 12:30), with Spider-Man, Wolverine and the X-Men, Hulk, Iron Man and Kingdom Hearts in that order, obviously, with Sgt. Frog being the calmdown at 12:30.
    • Overall, other than the end of Naruto(which Shippuden airs EXCLUSIVELY on Nezumi on Toon Disney/D-X-D, and maybe later on on FX) and TMNT, Fox has the absolute least changes, other than having more room now.
  • ABC:
    • Almost the whole block is the same from last year. Just add the 7 hour(pushing SLoD, HM and TWoWP back and airing SwaC earlier), swap Ben 10, Secret Saturdays, Chowder and Flapjack's slots and replace Foster's, Bobobo and Total Drama with Battle Spirits, Ryukendo, Good Luck Charlie and add JONAS.........
    • Also Stoked either premieres exclusively on Nick ITTL, or waits to come with the return of Total Drama next year.
  • UPN:
    • 7 hour, more fun!
    • Move Postman Pat to the first slot(to air his last episodes, temporarily), Arthur and Shaun the Sheep follows. Tom, Jerry and Friends, He-Man, Tracy Beaker and the old reruns gets thrown out for the broadcast premieres of Spongebob, Fairly OddParents, Loud House and Danny Phantom, as well as the premieres of Generator Rex, New Biker Mice on Mars and Hot Wheels Battle Force 5. End it off with the return of Ultraman(mainly to get the new generation to know him and the toku fans to be excited at all the tokusatsu popping back up and for the older adults to get nostalgic, and to prepare for a Ultraman reboot).
    • Doraemon and Shin Chan, 2 shows I was originally planning to put on here, is now exclusively on CN, but don't rule them out completely......
  • CBS:
    • Make their block a promotional block for the kids section of Oaxis.
    • Half and half for the girls and boys.
    • First half starts off with stuff for the younger girls.
    • Main attraction for the girls section is The Modifyers at 9. Put that with Z-Squad at 9:30 to make a girl power hour!
    • Boys section starts with Horrid Henry(mainly due to Nelvana's production and distribution of the first season, it would have been a hit if this was brought Stateside, it's a fun show and I personally like it), then Banjo-Kazooie, Pokemon, Transformers, Batman and Gransazers follows.
    • Gransazers was put there for them to hop on the new toku trend bandwagon and I thought they'd need something new to bring in the viewers(mainly in the boy demographic) while they get started on more shows other than Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds/GX and The Modifyers.
  • NBC:
    • Now with a extra hour, the 7-9 section becomes their younger-skewing portion with Curious George, Peppa Pig, My Friend Rabbit(replacing Lazytown, WHICH HAS BEEN AIRING SINCE 2004, WITH NO NEW EPISODES SINCE 07-08!) and Turbo Dogs.
    • 9-11 is for their big hits, Big Nate, Woody Woodpecker, the broadcast premiere of The Penguins of Madagascar and Popeye.
    • 11-1(technically 10-1) is basically a broadcast version of Action Extreme Team with a bit more of a comedic focus. Flash Gordon gets a animated series, as well as the American premiere of Bakugan, a new season of Blue Beetle and ending off with the last season of Tales of the Neighborhood.
  • SBC:
    • Yo Gabba Gabba!, Martha Speaks and WordGirl starts off the block, followed by Winx Club and the American premiere of Pretty Cure.
    • The Garfield Show, Kid Vs. Kat and Jimmy Two Shoes form the comedy portion.
    • GoBoy is a heavily retooled equivalent of Go Go Moba Boy.
    • Power Rangers RPM is the same as IOTL.
    • How To Be Indie premieres to compete against Disney and Nick's sitcoms and as part of a new plan to make Odyssey more competitive now that Oaxis appears to be taking some thunder from them.
    • Eyeshield 21 is still doing moderately well.
Thoughts?
Honestly, it's a miracle a dub was actually made after all this developing at different studios.
Exactly.

Got any ideas for who should voice who?

I'm thinking:

Mona Marshall - Doraemon
Johnny Yong Bosch - Noby
Kari Wahlgren - Sue
Brian Beacock - Sneech
Kaiji Tang - Big G
Mari Devon - Tammy(Noby's Mom)

And that's just the major characters, as you can see, other than Sue's VA, I basically kept them the same as OTL's dub.

Dear Tiffany,
When did you first realize you were going to be permanently wearing diapers 24/7?

Sincerely,
Brian Hunter
Escondido, California

2856.jpg

Tiffany Disney:
"Thanks for your question Brian."

"Starting at age 2, my parents tried to potty train me on and off. From the day of my birth, every doctor my parents spoke to said that my bladder wasn't developing properly. Mom and Dad hoped somehow I could gain some control in spite of that."

"One night when I was six or seven, Trey snuck into my room in the middle of the night and put my hand in a cup of freezing cold water. I wound up flooding all my bedding and my Pull-up was overwhelmed. I woke up crying hysterically because I was deathly afraid of getting in trouble. Dad calmed me down after about an hour."

"Later that week, I had to see a pediatric urologist. I was formally diagnosed with an uninhibited neurogenic bladder and improper neurologic formation in my lower spine. When we got home, Dad sat me down to explain how I was gonna need diapers for what he said would be '...a while longer.'"​
Oh.

Well, that's a good thing she still managed to pull thru.

I know we are a few months after, but did the Miracle on the Hudson still happen ITTL?

Also, who are the current US and UK Narrators for Thomas and Friends? Same as OTL, or different?

Speaking of Thomas, since Disney is airing it, and Rick Sigglekow is now with Disney, could Sodor come to Kingdom Hearts, maybe next year(2010) to, again, honor 65th anniversary of franchise?

Last edited:
I know we are a few months after, but did the Miracle on the Hudson still happen ITTL?

Also, who are the current US and UK Narrators for Thomas and Friends? Same as OTL, or different?

Speaking of Thomas, since Disney is airing it, and Rick Sigglekow is now with Disney, could Sodor come to Kingdom Hearts, maybe next year(2010) to, again, honor 65th anniversary of franchise?
Miracle on the Hudson still happened yes.

US Narrator: Mark Hamill
UK Narrator: Ewan McGregor

As part of 65th anniversary celebrations, Disney and Britt Allcroft are bringing Shining Time Station back to PBS with new episodes. This time, Mark Hamill has taken over the role of Mr. Conductor in the US version after the death of George Carlin a year ago.

Laika is already working in tandem with Disney and Britt Allcroft to do a Sodor episode for the Kingdom Hearts TV series, putting Sora, Donald and Goofy in the same stop-motion world of Thomas and his friends.

Miracle on the Hudson still happened yes.

US Narrator: Mark Hamill
UK Narrator: Ewan McGregor

As part of 65th anniversary celebrations, Disney and Britt Allcroft are bringing Shining Time Station back to PBS with new episodes. This time, Mark Hamill has taken over the role of Mr. Conductor in the US version after the death of George Carlin a year ago.

Laika is already working in tandem with Disney and Britt Allcroft to do a Sodor episode for the Kingdom Hearts TV series, putting Sora, Donald and Goofy in the same stop-motion world of Thomas and his friends.
That all makes sense, and sounds good.

I just did a bit of googling, though, and 2009 is when Thomas went full CGI. In fact, in 2009, the first CGI special was released in September OTL. While I, and many others, wish the show could have stayed as models, it was done for budget reasons. As such, that brings the question. Will the show stay model ITTL, or go CGI like OTL?

Entertainment News for Early June 2009 (Part 1)

The Sports Page
Stanley Cup Finals Schedule
All games carried by NBC in the US and CBC in Canada
Vancouver Canucks vs. Detroit Red Wings
Games 1 and 2:
Lionsgate Place
Games 3 and 4: Joe Louis Arena
If Necessary
Game 5:
Lionsgate Place
Game 6: Joe Louis Arena
Game 7: Lionsgate Place

NBA Finals Schedule
All games carried by ABC
Phoenix Suns vs. Cleveland Cavaliers
Games 1 and 2:
Quicken Loans Arena
Games 3 and 4: US Airways Center
If Necessary
Game 5:
Quicken Loans Arena
Game 6: US Airways Center
Game 7: Quicken Loans Arena

WLAF Playoff Seeds
North AmericanEuropean
Portland Breakers (Coastal Division Champs)Rhein Fire (Metropolitan Division Champs)
Baltimore Ravens (Seabaord Division Champs)London Monarchs (Capitol Division Champs)
Arizona Wranglers (Frontier Division Champs)Amsterdam Admirals
Memphis Pharaohs (Central Division Champs)Paris Phantoms
Los Angeles AvengersBerlin Ogres
Kentucky StingersStockholm Kraken
Vancouver OrcasRome Centurions

Wild Card Games
June 6-7, 2009

(7) Rome Centurions at (2) London Monarchs (June 6, FX)
(6) Stockholm Kraken at (3) Amsterdam Admirals (June 6, TBS)
(7) Vancouver Orcas at (2) Baltimore Ravens (June 6, UPN)
(5) Berlin Ogres at (4) Paris Phantoms (June 7, TNT)
(6) Kentucky Stingers at (3) Arizona Wranglers (June 7, Fox)
(5) Los Angeles Avengers at (4) Memphis Pharaohs (June 7, Fox)

Semifinal Round
Lowest seed at (1) Rhein Fire (June 13, FX)
Lowest seed at (1) Portland Breakers (June 13, TNT)
TBD at TBD (June 14, UPN)
TBD at TBD (June 14, Fox)

Conference Championships
European (June 20; FX)
North American (June 20; TNT)

2009 World Bowl
June 27 at Stadio Olimpico in Rome
Carred in the US by Fox

That all makes sense, and sounds good.

I just did a bit of googling, though, and 2009 is when Thomas went full CGI. In fact, in 2009, the first CGI special was released in September OTL. While I, and many others, wish the show could have stayed as models, it was done for budget reasons. As such, that brings the question. Will the show stay model ITTL, or go CGI like OTL?
Models are being phased out slower than IOTL.

Models are being phased out slower than IOTL.
In OTL, 2008 had the last fully model Special, known as The Great Discovery, narrated by James Bond himself, Pierce Brosnan. Then, season 12 was a hybrid of Model with CGI faces, also released in 2008. Maybe the show ITTL is releasing one more hybrid season this year (2009) and the first fully CGI production can be the 65th anniversary movie I suggested in 2010?

In my opinion, adapting the first two books of The Railway Series in movie form would be the perfect way to show the audience that, even though it is CGI now, it is still the Thomas they know. This would be especially comforting to people with Autism, a group Thomas is extremely popular with.

What do you think?

Last edited:

The Sports Page
Stanley Cup Finals Schedule
All games carried by NBC in the US and CBC in Canada
Vancouver Canucks vs. Detroit Red Wings
Games 1 and 2:
Lionsgate Place
Games 3 and 4: Joe Louis Arena
If Necessary
Game 5:
Lionsgate Place
Game 6: Joe Louis Arena
Game 7: Lionsgate Place
Want Vancouver, but wouldn’t be mad if Detroit won.
NBA Finals Schedule
All games carried by ABC
Phoenix Suns vs. Cleveland Cavaliers
Games 1 and 2:
Quicken Loans Arena
Games 3 and 4: US Airways Center
If Necessary
Game 5:
Quicken Loans Arena
Game 6: US Airways Center
Game 7: Quicken Loans Arena
Suns-Cavs again? Didn’t we just have that? Obviously going for the Suns, but won’t be mad if Cleveland wins (Cavs are my second favorite IRL)
WLAF Playoff Seeds
North AmericanEuropean
Portland Breakers (Coastal Division Champs)Rhein Fire (Metropolitan Division Champs)
Baltimore Ravens (Seabaord Division Champs)London Monarchs (Capitol Division Champs)
Arizona Wranglers (Frontier Division Champs)Amsterdam Admirals
Memphis Pharaohs (Central Division Champs)Paris Phantoms
Los Angeles AvengersBerlin Ogres
Kentucky StingersStockholm Kraken
Vancouver OrcasRome Centurions

Wild Card Games
June 6-7, 2009

(7) Rome Centurions at (2) London Monarchs (June 6, FX)
(6) Stockholm Kraken at (3) Amsterdam Admirals (June 6, TBS)
(7) Vancouver Orcas at (2) Baltimore Ravens (June 6, UPN)
(5) Berlin Ogres at (4) Paris Phantoms (June 7, TNT)
(6) Kentucky Stingers at (3) Arizona Wranglers (June 7, Fox)
(5) Los Angeles Avengers at (4) Memphis Pharaohs (June 7, Fox)

Semifinal Round
Lowest seed at (1) Rhein Fire (June 13, FX)
Lowest seed at (1) Portland Breakers (June 13, TNT)
TBD at TBD (June 14, UPN)
TBD at TBD (June 14, Fox)

Conference Championships
European (June 20; FX)
North American (June 20; TNT)

2009 World Bowl
June 27 at Stadio Olimpico in Rome
Carred in the US by Fox
Wranglers baby! Bring that chip back to its rightful home in Tucson! (Or Portland, gotta like my now hometown team)