Californie- French California

Immigration has been talked here before but I’d like to know if Irish immigration to Californie will be large and impactful?
It should have already happened. Not that large, but significant in the relatively small milieu. Possibly some degree of diversion of Catholic Irish to a Catholic country. Californie should have a substantial Irish community. They could be relatively loyal against the Protestant Yankees.

It should have already happened. Not that large, but significant in the relatively small milieu. Possibly some degree of diversion of Catholic Irish to a Catholic country. Californie should have a substantial Irish community. They could be relatively loyal against the Protestant Yankees.
I can definitely see that. After all, the French wouldn’t be oppressing/discriminating them like the Americans.

I think Californie will end up essentially a trilingual society, speaking French, English, and Spanish. Perhaps Spanish ends up in a distant third place.

Given the heavy Irish immigration, Gaelic might flourish in the odd community or two.

Maybe in some areas, like whatever equivalent of Native American reservations would be in Californie, but I don’t see any language other than French being allowed to promulgate. Note that the Spaniards still have their numerous separatist and distinct languages and dialects across Spain, there are really none in France OTL.
I think Californie will end up essentially a trilingual society, speaking French, English, and Spanish. Perhaps Spanish ends up in a distant third place.

Given the heavy Irish immigration, Gaelic might flourish in the odd community or two.