Discussion: What was your first Alternate History idea?

By the 1860s, the timeline alone is 150 pages of a Word document. Then, I worried that I could not do it justice and that no one would read that detailed of a timeline. A lot of it is politics and I know everyone loves the big wars. So I get worried that no one will read it, so I don't post it and, of course, no one reads it.
Post it anyways. It's good to back things up.
Wrote out a whole "Caesar loses at Alesia" timeline shortly after I discovered this site. Bored my family and friends to tears talking about it, had the Gauls colonizing Greenland and Newfoundland within a few centuries of Caesars failure. I take comfort in, whatever nonsense I have posted on this site, I never posted this first timeline.
Please elaborate.
I was obsessed with Fascism. I would read everything I could about it and had my own ideas. I didn't really know what Fascism actually was so in my head it was actually some generic evil warband like orcs in Warhammer. I didn't know what Italy really was either, so in my imagination I imaged Italians as basically orcs conquering the world but with wizards and stuff. Also I think George Washington returned and saved the day and something about the Confederacy joining the fight against the evil Fascists. Also this was the biblical end times.
Well... that escalated quickly.
My actual first timeline was a generic what if Germany won ww2.
Which now for the first time seems tame by comparison
A stupid one where Japan becomes democratic before WW2, but still does the whole conquer the whole Pacific thing and somehow wins.
I once thought of a scenario where the Allied Powers and Axis Powers swapped ideolologies but the war followed a similar sequence of events. I wasn't sure where I was going with it.

Attila becomes the West Roman Emperor, leading to the survival of the Eastern Roman Empire too

Because I was 12 and didn't know what butterflies were, Islam still shows up but takes over South America rather than the Balkans. Also England was a Republic and somehow the US and CSA still occupied North America

Or that time I was ready to write a fantasy story. Somehow the existence of Elves, Orcs and wizards didn't change history before WW2.
Also the US was a monarchy, California was indipendent and airships were used instead of planes because dragons

I've explored various What-If questions and possibilities in conversations with people, but the first one that comes to mind and actually stuck around has such a minor POD that it's ridiculous: What if Cliff Burton didn't die during the Master of Puppets tour? I genuinely don't know the answer, but it's a fascinating rabbit hole to go down.

I once thought of a scenario where the Allied Powers and Axis Powers swapped ideolologies but the war followed a similar sequence of events. I wasn't sure where I was going with it.
No, America was still democratic. Japan just invaded America for craps and giggles. And won because America nuked Italy. I forgot the Soviet Union existed too.

FDR gets assassinated in 1932 which lead to the disintegration of the US into secessionist nation states.

Another called the Mad General, had a Washingtonian dynasty that was overthrown after TTL’s WW1.

My first full-length story was a complete rip-off of The Other Boleyn Girl - Anne Boleyn had another younger sister, Eleanor, who was raised with Princess Mary and married a surviving Henry Brandon, Earl of Lincoln (though I made it the one born in 1516, not 1523). She ended up raising Elizabeth after Anne's death.

I'm still very fond of Nora, and she became quite a major character in Queen Twice Over.

But my first MAJOR AU was Daughters of A Rose Without A Thorn, which swapped Anne Boleyn and Katherine Howard"s birth order. Henry won Blackfriars and married Kitty in 1527 (I know, I got my dates confused) and they had two daughters, Elizabeth and Blanche, before Kitty fell hard for Thomas Culpepper and gave him twin bastard girls, Eleanor and Jessica (I didn't realise Shakespeare had made the name up) My Edward VI analogue was a bastard, and Anne was Henry's third and final wife.

I'm still proud of Daughters, it was chaos, but considering I was about fifteen at the time, it could have been a LOT worse.

When I was around 14 or 15 I started a yarn where two time travellers went back to the Battle of Gettysburg and accidentally changed its outcome. Returning to their own time they found the Confederacy still existing and the map of Europe totally different. However I think that was as far as I got with it.

And no, I hadn't read Bring the Jubilee at that time.

Years ago I wrote a few notes about a TL where Garibaldi's landing at Marsala fails. This led to the Two Sicilies staying independent and becoming the main power in the Italian peninsula. I never wrote the actual TL, and deleted the notes after realizing how awful it all was.

I have a few of those.

My first TL involved a design from Ultimate Admiral Dreadnaughts. At one point in the designer, one could mix and match structure hull and equipment. Hence why this battleship design got in my head. At the time, I was thinking "how can one do a 21 guns salute most effectively?"

The answer, according the design I came up with, was a progression for some of the Tillman designs. 17" guns in 7 turrets for 21 guns. 76 caliber... 170,000 some tons, 37 knots... At the time, I figured the length pushed out to like 1500ft long by 150 or so ft wide. Yeah, pipe dream territory, but its on another forum.

Another involved Japan owning eastern Siberia and Kamchatka to a point, where I used designs inspired by RTW2 play through for Japan. Kongos with 20" guns, Shinano class with 15 18" guns... Yeah, that one is a word doc, never put it on the net.

But the very first Timeline of sorts I made was something I thought up as a kid. Involving massive space exploration and tech advancement so as to push humanity to the stars by like 2010 or so... Muse died for it long ago, had it sitting at 120 pages last I recall. Was also the one where I would draw out the spaceships to a simple scale of 1":1mile. There were ships I drew that in my mind, were close to 33 miles long [3 sheets of notebook paper taped together end to end].

Anyway, most of those first TLs were pretty much in space bat territory, but as a child, I dreamed big and had an extensive imagination. Hard not to while on a farm.

No, America was still democratic. Japan just invaded America for craps and giggles. And won because America nuked Italy. I forgot the Soviet Union existed too.
America nuking Italy caused Japan to defeat America??
1713456583079.png

Forget about the history, I'm befuddled as to the causality