Map Continuation X - Map 2 - Asia

• Thread starter Deleted member 4898
  • Start date
Here's a revised religions map of the world so far.

WARNING: BIG OL' IMAGE AHEAD

BU776.png

Looks awesome. I would personally add one or two pockets of Catholicism in Japan and Mongolia, but otherwise I love it. The religious make-up of India is cool.

Are we giving Jeju-do to the Mongolian/Japanese/Whatever Pontiff?

Religions map with corrected borders in Central Europe

Whoa, that map is very good! The balkans and India are specially interesting.

You only forgot to paint the italian enclave of Giurrai (OTL Macau). Such enclave, however, was not discussed before, even if it was there already. It goes slightly against some of ours conceptions, as it would be somewhat hard to have italians in the Atlantic with Luso-Mauretanan Gibraltar - except if the iberians allow them to cross it. In this case, early interest for the East Indies (specially Genovese interest) could have gathered them these few ports in the Orient, but not higher colonial ambitions.
Another theory: In the XIXth century (ideally in the XVIIIth, but I don't know how possible it would be), the Italians financed the building of a Suez channel together with <another interested power and the actual owner of the region>. As Gibraltar was "closed" to the Italians, so would be Suez to the Portuguese. The Portuguese, then, traded one indian port and the port of Giurrai for the rights of crossing the Channel, which ended the long commercial dispute between Portugal and the Italian Federation.
Or we could simply give it to another nation (plus the indian port), like Portugal, Angland, Mauretana or Denmark.

(as Venice has two isles in the Spice Islands, their situation has the same problem (and the same possible solutions))

Don't forget to take the long view. Italy (the region) probably looked very different down through the centuries. That enclave could have been created by one of the members of Italy (the confederation) before the confed. formed. It could have been a Sicilian-Aragonese treaty port that accepted Genovese (later Italian) control when Sicily was conquered by Arabs. Or whatever, anything like that. Our history will be both richer and more realistic if it has more twists and turns like that.

So do these maps mean that Catholic Christianity made it intact, without a major split? I say this because the PoD is during the early life of Jan Hus, and any stirring of relgious difference in the West would have a major impact on Bohemia, "my" country.

Don't forget to take the long view. Italy (the region) probably looked very different down through the centuries. That enclave could have been created by one of the members of Italy (the confederation) before the confed. formed. It could have been a Sicilian-Aragonese treaty port that accepted Genovese (later Italian) control when Sicily was conquered by Arabs. Or whatever, anything like that. Our history will be both richer and more realistic if it has more twists and turns like that.

So do these maps mean that Catholic Christianity made it intact, without a major split? I say this because the PoD is during the early life of Jan Hus, and any stirring of relgious difference in the West would have a major impact on Bohemia, "my" country.

Ok, you're right - many countries changed alliances, suffered revolutions, were unified or split etc, in these 500 years, like OTL had.

And, yes, we proposed that Europe ended up without any kind of protestant reformation, to change this world from other scenarios (even more). The Hussites could have existed, but their followers fell rather quickly, for example. Feel free to elaborate on it, as you probably have more ideas about Bohemia than us.