No Longer Jack

No Longer Jack

A Timeline In A Few Days by Vultan and Plumber

No Longer Jack.png

No Longer Jack.png

Last edited:
"Phineas P. Gage (1823–1860) was an American railroad construction foreman remembered for his improbable survival of an accident in which a large iron rod was driven completely through his head, destroying much of his brain's left frontal lobe, and for that injury's reported effects on his personality and behavior over the succeeding twelve years—​effects so profound that (for a time at least) friends saw him as 'no longer Gage.'

Scholars would later note the similarities between his case and that of President John F. Kennedy..."

-Excerpt from Freepedia

Last edited:
Fascinating scenario! Looking forward to seeing what kind of President the "New Jack Kennedy" might turn out to be.

(Also? That doctored photo is exceedingly creepy.)

Very intrigued (and subscribed.)

Given who the authors are, I think we can trust in them putting a new and interesting spin on that story's themes.

That's what worries me - Winterberry was ALREADY one of the bleakest and saddest and darkest AH stories I've ever read. With the talent behind this, I'll be depressed for weeks reading this :p

Last edited:

Tovarich

Banned
I feel a tad embarrassed to admit this, but......well, I found the 'Winterberry' story neither bleak nor disturbing in the slightest.

Whether that is simply because I am not American, and thus JFK is not a 'talisman' figure for me, or because I've worked so long for clients with both acquired & congenital intellectual-disabilities, or a combination of both factors, I don't know.

Now, Walter by David Cook.....there's bleak and disturbing for you!

So I am actually looking forward to Vultan & Plumber getting this story going during the course of this weekend (Hint:That means get on with it, you two;) ) as I suspect it shall revolve around a JFK whose character/personality change has not left him unrecognisable and remaining a capable POTUS.

Makes him a tee-totaler devoted to his wife? During extensive hospital time his pain killer addiction is brought under control and his Addison's Disease is correctly treated?

Vultan and I have been busy with school and NJ politics (on opposite sides, of course!) lately, but the first post was essentially a teaser. The first update will be up in about 24 hours!

Last edited: